Saturday, November 25, 2006

Good Okinawan Eating

I've never been to Okinawa, but while living in Japan, I developed a taste for Okinawan food since there are restaurants everywhere. Honestly, it is one of my favorite cuisines. Lucky enough, a buddy introduced me to a Okinawan place in Hong Kong. Good stuff. As a plus, all the waiters and waitresses spoke Japanese so I didn't have to fumble around a Chinese menu and play charades or pictionary to get my order across. I did take a small blow to my pride when I found out that the waitress spoke Japanese as well as me even though I've lived in Japan twice as long. I guess there is something to be said about learning Japanese by working in a Japanese restaurant. Anyways, at least I have a place to go to to get my fix of Aomori, pig ears, and goya chanpuru.

No comments: