Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Watersports

A buddy of mine is a real sports nut and he suggested I learn windsurfing. I took the two day course and it is definitely harder than it looks. Day one was a real pain. I probably spent more time in the water than on the board. I obviously have a balance problem. Day two was much better. Far from good, but leaps and bounds from where I was on day one, which, by the way, I was hungover and exhausted from only three hours of sleep from the Xmas party the night before. The water was also freezing which did provide incentive to try to stay on the board. In the end, I was pretty frustrated, but enjoyed it more and more as I started to figure out how to use the wind and stay afloat. I think I'd like to try it some more when the weather gets warmer. In the meantime, I have a sailing course next week.

No comments: